Stathis Alexopoulos was born in Athens in 1976 where he lives and works. He studied sculpture at the School of Fine Arts Panormos Tinos and the School of Fine Arts of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Department of Fine and Applied Arts, where he graduated with distinction.
One of his great interests is Sculpture in Public Places.His creations adorn many big Municipalities of Greece, as well as the Hellenic Air Force Academy.
He has co-operated with big companies and has participated with his creations in their advertising campaigns (Red-Bull Hellas, Vivartia, Militos publications,Forever, Olimpiakos BC). Moreover he has created works of contemporary aesthetics for big night clubs in Athens (Plus X, Motel).
He believes that contemporary sculpture should be based on the concrete values of classic sculpture, and that the shape and its dynamic are those which define a work of art and its meaning. He integrates the art of sculpture with the trends of contemporary design. He is interested in designing and creating useful objects, which still however remain works of art.
His creations are hοsted in private collections and at selected shops in Greece and abroad, in the art-shops of museums such as the Museum of Contemporary Art in Thessaloniki, the Benaki Museum, the Fine Arts Foundation “ B & M Theocharakis”, in “Ianos” shop and “N design and art” in Cyprus.
He has participated in many collective exhibitions and has won awards both in Pan-Hellenic Art Competitions and in International sculpture symposiums.
Larnaka -Cyprus ,Gallery Galou , 2009
HUBS, Athens Hilton , 2012
HUBS, galerie SIAKOS-HANAPPE , 2012
- International Sculpture Symposium, Denisli, Turkey, 2004
- Exhibition of students from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Department of Fine and Applied Arts, 2005
- “Pixel Dance Festival”, Video Art Festival, Kodra Camp, Thessaloniki, 2005
- Action Field Kodra, Exhibition “Rooms to let”, Thessaloniki 2006
- Exhibition of Messinian Artists, Kiparisia, 2006
- Belle Arte, Lamia , 2006
- “The importance of integration” , artistic intervention with main subject the bench ,an initative of KETHEA , Macedonic Museum of Contemporary Art ,2009
Exhibition of Graduates 2008-2009, Macedonian Museum of Contemporary Art ,Thessaloniki
- Outdoor exhibition of the Sculptors Society of Greece, Island of Aigina , 2010
7ply project 2011, Technopolis-Gazi, Athens
Design Lab 2012 ,Technopolis-Gazi, Athens
7ply project 2012, Vilka area,Thessaloniki
Santorini biennale of arts 2012 , Santorini
Tradition inspires artists , Thriasia 2012 , Aspropirgos
Art is hard 2012,, Old Station Pelopponisou , Athens
Gods and Heroes , Mylos , Thessaloniki 2012
‘Art embraces fellow man, “Rethymno 2013
Talking about art, Aspropirgos THRIASIA 2013
Awards and distinction
Ithaki-Greece project “Oddyseas”, (3rd award) ,2009
- Pan-Hellenic Art Competition in the Municipality of Psahna, Evia, project “Peace” (2nd award), 2004
- Pan-Hellenic Art Competition in the Municipality of Korinthos, project “Historic meeting of Alexander the Great to the philosopher Diogenes ”, (distinction)
- Municipality of Larisa, Frouriou Square, monument of “Airforce Heroes”, 2008
Municipality of Korydalos, Athens, project “City Gates ”, 2008
- Hellenic Air Force Academy, Tatoi, project “Ikaros”
Municipality of Ithaki island, bust of Omiros, 2010
Denisli , Turkey, (team work)
Argicultural museum of Aspropyrgos
Municipality of Keratsini , Pavlos Fyssas monument
Educational Activities :
Teaching of sculpture in the seminar program “The art of travelling”
Teacher of Fine Arts in Cultural centre of Municipality Aspropurgos, 2009-2013
Personal Design Series:
- S.ALEXOPOULOS series displayed on select art shops around Greece, as well as abroad
- GRECO series, a line of handcrafted bath accessory made of cast bronze(inspired by findings of archaeological excavations)
- SCULPTURE-FURNITURES series, “Hubs”